Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman


Bickering frenemies Meg and Shar are doing some serious damage at a midnight sample sale when the fashionistas find themselves arguing over a pair of shoes-with fatal consequences. One innocent bystander later, the girls are suddenly at the mercy of Hades, Lord of the Underworld himself. To make them atone for what they've done, Hades forces the teens to become special-assignment Sirens, luring to the Underworld an individual whose unholy contract is up.
Finding that delicate balance between their fashion addiction and their new part-time job in the eternal hellfire biz turns out to be harder than Meg and Shar expected, especially when an entire pantheon of Greek deities decides to get involved. Then there's the matter of the fine print in their own contracts...



My Thoughts:
I was asked by one of the Authors Charlotte Bennardo if I would read and review their new book Sirenz, I was so thrilled as I had been wanting to read this for some time now.  When my package arrived I was only expecting the book, I received so much more.  Inside my package I received a beautiful blue bag with more than the book, it had black feathers like on the cover and 2 chocolates made in the shape of the red shoe on the cover of the book as well as the book.  It was the nicest package I had received so far, thank you to both Charlotte and Natalie for sending me such a lovely gift.
From the cover of the book and the blurb on the back I wasn't sure what to expect, but as I started reading I was impressed right away.  It started off full of action right from the very first two chapters and reeled me in and didn't let go until I was finished.  Meg and Shar are roommates  and total opposites, who would have thought the two of them would be good roommates, Meg, black hair, black clothes, old clothes not to mention voodoo, hoodoo, or whatever she was into, (pg 2), and Shar, who is all about shopping, beauty, looking good and has the best of everything girlie.  
As a way of trying to get to know or bond if you will, with Meg, Shar invites her out for a girl day of shopping, only for what is supposed to be just a run of the mill kinda day, turns out to be something neither one of them could have EVER imagined would happen to them, all while fighting over a pair of red shoes, and who do you suppose comes to their rescue....... Hades-the Lord of the Underworld, and offers them a deal they really cannot refuse if they want to get out of this very huge mess they have gotten themselves into. Now part of the deal is if they don't get their task complete by the date Hades has given them, they will become his Sirenz and live with him in the Underworld forever.  He has given the girls both powers that they can use to help them in their task, but, with each time they use their powers they will start to grow certain extra items.....feathers, talons, beaks and even will start to sound like birds, I know right birds lol. 
I have to tell you this is such a great book, it takes you on a roller coaster ride right along with the girls as they try so hard to get their task finished and get ride of Hades as fast as they can, but I'll tell you those poor girls run into obstacle after obstacle, and with each obstacle they run into a new item grows on them, this book is so funny I was laughing out loud throughout it, lots of mythological characters pop up from time to time which I really liked as I am very into Greek mythology oh and did I mention Hades is a hottie, yup he is *sizzle*, there is another hottie in this book too, but I'll let you find that surprise.
You really have to get a copy of this book, I really can't get into much more detail or I'll ruin it, it's such a fun, easy read, lots of twists and surprises as the book goes on that you will not expect at all.  I was so happy to have had the chance to read and review this book and I really hope I will get to for the second in the series, the girls have captivated me and I cannot wait to read more of their adventures together.  If you want an incredible read with a fantastic story that will keep you turning the pages, then this is your next book you need to pick up, you won't be sorry, I promise!!!  Enjoy!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you Wendy, I loved this book as well I can't wait for book 2 :) thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should also check out the Holly Zombie Giveaway as well :)

    ReplyDelete