Saturday, September 8, 2012

Haunting Obsession by R.J. Sullivan Review


Haunting Obsession Synopsis
“She wants to be loved by you…alone!”

Daryl Beasley collects all things Maxine Marie, whose famous curves and fast lifestyle made her a Hollywood icon for decades after her tragic death. Daryl’s girlfriend, Loretta Stevens, knew about his geeky lifestyle when they started dating, but she loves him, quirks and all.

Then one day Daryl chooses to buy a particularly tacky piece of memorabilia instead of Loretta’s birthday present. Daryl ends up in the doghouse, not only with Loretta, but with Maxine Marie herself. The legendary blonde returns from the dead to give Daryl a piece of her mind—and a haunting obsession he’ll never forget.
 
 
My Thoughts:
The title peaked my interest first, the synopsis grabbed my attention even more, but when I saw the cover it was the deal maker for me I wanted to read this book.  I won't lie, I was kind of on the fence not knowing what to expect, but, I do try hard not to judge a book by it's cover haha (get it) yes I know my small attempt at book humor :)
 
So I sat down in my comfy purple comfy chair and started reading this 100+ page book and right away was sucked into the story.  R.J. Sullivan's style of writing quite impressed me, the story flowed well and the characters were believable, and I could relate to them very well, it was a funny story sometimes, and made you absolutely cheer for Loretta while she was trying to save the one she loved from.....well not what you would expect really.  Daryl has an obsession with his favorite movie star Maxine Marie, only problem is she is dead and some how returns from the dead and seems to be very pissed at him.
 
With Halloween coming this is a book you will not want to miss.  An adult book for sure as some scene's are quite steamy, dam awesome steamy!  A good love story, with some Paranormal thrown in, it was funny and I could relate to Daryl and Loretta as the book/movie loving  geeks which is totally me.  Loretta's dedication and love for Daryl and willness to stand and fight for her man was very nice to see, I know most women would have high tailed it outta there if they saw a ghost trying to choke the life out of them to take their man away for themsleves lol.  I very much enjoyed this book and I know you will as well it was an easy fun read, thank you R.J. Sullivan for having me a part of your book tour. Enjoy everyone!!
RJ Sullivan Bio and Links
R. J. Sullivan resides with his family in Heartland Crossing, Indiana. His first novel, Haunting Blue, is an edgy paranormal thriller about punk girl loner Fiona "Blue" Shaefer and her boyfriend Chip Farren. R.J. is hard at work on the next chapter in Fiona's story, Virtual Blue, coming soon from Seventh Star Press.  R.J. is a member of the Indiana Horror Writers.
Website: http://www.rjsullivanfiction.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/R.J.SullivanAuthor
Twitter: @RJSullivanAuthr
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! Incidentally, yes, you can find me on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete